Randox International Quality Assessment Scheme (RIQAS)
External Quality Assessment (EQA), also known as Proficiency Testing (PT), provides a means of assessing the analytical performance of a laboratory and comparing that performance to other laboratories utilising the same methods and instruments. RIQAS is used by approximately 20,000 laboratories worldwide, participating in up to fifteen programmes.
Participation in an EQA scheme will guarantee reliable and accurate results which are essential in toxicology testing. Furthermore, quality results lead to a reduction in time and labour costs associated with false results. As an accredited EQA scheme, RIQAS helps laboratories comply with ISO regulations.
RIQAS in the toxicology laboratory
- Maintains and improves the analytical quality of laboratory tests
- Improves inter-laboratory agreement and raises standards
- Detects equipment failures, identifies reagent problems and reviews staff training
- Initiates and evaluates corrective actions
- Compares different analytical methods
RIQAS is accredited to:
- ISO 13485:2003 for the design and manufacture of medical devices
- ISO/IEC Guide 43-1:1997 “Development and operation of proficiency testing schemes” through assessment against ILAC-G13:2000 “Guidelines for the Requirements for the Competence of Providers of Proficiency Testing Schemes.”
RIQAS Programmes available for toxicology
Therapeutic drugs (RQ9111)
Reports every 2 weeks; duration 12months